Wednesday, April 1, 2009

jenny10fingers




Miranda is draping Lucy with rags.

Miranda's vocabulary is growing everyday. She is like a sponge. She gets into the movies and T.V. programs that we watch. She will ask, "What happened?", "Where'd he go?" "What's that?" If she doesn't know what something is she will call it a monster, dragon, or ghost. She will say "Monster, going to hurt you." I explain to her that nothing can come out of the TV and hurt anyone. She is a little overdramatic. We are usually watching Disney or Nickelodeon and the programs aren't scary.

We go though books and she will point and name all the pictures in the book. However, when it comes to me asking her to bring me something, it is like I am speaking in a foreign language. I will say, "Miranda, bring me the box on the table." She knows what a box is and what a table is, but she will start looking on the ground or in the toy box. She will pick up things to bring me that aren't boxes, then she will start going into other rooms to look. I try to break it down for her, "box on table". Nope that doesn't work. She will turn and look in the opposite direction. I will point. She will either look at the end of my finger, or out in the distance, but never where I intend. We laugh at her. She is so funny. She wants to help and make me happy, but for some reason, "box on the table" just doesn't compute. I usually end up going to get what I need anyway. We keep trying.






No comments:

Post a Comment