Sunday, February 15, 2009

Big day on Friday



The above picture is a pic of Miranda's first night in her new bed. She went to bed at 8pm and we went in to check on her at 10. She was in this position, and sound asleep.
She is soooooo proud of her new bed and Hello Kitty comforter.
POTTY TRAINING...

Friday, the 13th of February, was a day of firsts. It started in the morning with potty training. On Thursday, I had a long talk with Miranda about the body mechanics of going to the potty. Then, I told her that we would teach her bear to go potty on Friday. So Friday morning we started with Bear. I told her, "Bear has to learn to potty too. Let's show him how to sit on the potty." About that time she yanked Bear out of my hands and dipped him feet first in the potty water. YUCK. I told her, "No, No, he must sit on the rim." So she sat him on the rim, but he was wet and gross. I hurried it along and showed her flushing, and washing her hands. Then we threw Bear into the washing machine. So much for Bear learning the potty.
The main problem with the potty for Miranda is that she refuses to sit on it. So I got a little potty that I thought would be more comfortable for her. I had her first sit on the potty with the lid down and her clothes on for Cheetos. Next we put the lid up and had her sit for Cheetos. Then I had her take her pants down, and next take her pull up down. So now she will sit forever there as long as you are feeding her Cheetos.
We took a break Sunday, because we had some Church stuff to do. Monday I am going to try to extend the length of time between Cheetos, and try to make her sit every hour. She never actually went, so it would be great if that happened too!

Molly was all over us as we were doing this, and she loves Cheetos. I only had one little potty so Miranda insisted that she take turns with Molly. So Molly is getting potty trained too. Friday night we went to Target and bought a second potty. They will be trained side by side, or Captain to Co-Captain as Daryl would call it.
A NEW BED....
At nap time Friday afternoon, I put Miranda in her crib. She is nearly 3, but I have read that you should keep them in a crib as long as possible. I am all for that because it seems easier then having to fight to keep them in their beds. Anyway, I left her in there and went in my room to lay down. I have a monitor on her, and I didn't hear anything. Then all of a sudden I hear a toy going off, that I destinctly remember putting the the toy box earlier. I thought, "how on Earth is that toy going off." Then it struck me, she is out of her crib. I walked in there and sure enough she is standing there playing in her toy box. I had already had a headache, and was really looking forward to laying down. I took her pillow and blankets and put them on the floor and told her,"Nap." Then shut the door (I have those saftey knobs on the door, so she can't get out if the door is shut.) I laid down and listened to her play for a long time. I woke up and didn't hear anything, so I went to check on her. She had completely dismantled her room, and was laying in the middle of it, napping on her pillow and blankets.
Friday we went shopping and got her a bed, she picked out a Hello Kitty blanket, and we got some girly sheets. I think Molly may be a bit jealous, but she will get her new bed and blanket when she climbs out of her crib!!


1 comment: