Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This too shall pass.

My darling child has now learned 2 things. 1) That I desperately want her to sit on the potty. 2) How she can turn that to her advantage. She is now sitting very well on the potty for long periods of time. She is "holding court". It is usually at times when I really need to be doing something else, or at bedtime and naptime.
We used to listen to Spot bark at night. He would bark and bark and bark. We would laugh and say, "he is preaching." or "he is running for doggy mayor of Parkers Chapel." This is what she is doing. She is preaching, or running for potty queen. She yapps and yapps, I can't understand a word. I just sit in the floor and let her go. There are a lot of things around here that just aren't going to get done.
P.S. She still hasn't done anything in the potty yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment